The International Association for Cold Storage Construction (IACSC) strives to provide the tools, education, and resources to help members maintain a level of excellence within the cold chain industry. IACSC members are true experts in building the cold chain. Their “Built by the Best” slogan stands as a testament to their commitment to industry-changing innovations, exceeding customers’ expectations, positively impacting and growing the cold chain worldwide, and contributing to the larger society through food safety, trade development, and job creation.
The IACSC Award was designed to acknowledge these factors and recognize the project teams moving the industry forward in regards to the design and construction of temperature-controlled facilities. Download the IACSC-Built by the Best Award Packet for more details, also continued below.
Fisher Construction Group was named the recipient of the 2016 IACSC Built by the Best Award for their project with Lineage Logistics and Titan Frozen Fruit. Read more about the award-winning project.
Submitting an Application
Interested candidates are highly encouraged to complete the online submission process.
This award is open to project teams comprised of Contractor/Design-Build companies and Processor/End-User/Warehouse/Third-Party Logistics companies that meet the following criteria:
- Contractor or Design-Build company must be an IACSC member. Processor/End User/Warehouse/Third-Party Logistics company does not need to be a member. See the full list of IACSC Members*. (*as of June 19, 2017)
- Project may only include new building or expansion of existing buildings only. Retrofit projects will not be accepted.
- Building must maintain a temperature-controlled environment.
- Teams must have completed a new build or expansion within the timeframe of January 1, 2015 through July 30, 2016.
- Submission must be received by the submission deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Project must have been completed on or ahead of schedule.
Project teams must complete the application process within the submission period. No late applications will be accepted.
Submission Deadline: Monday, July 31, 2017
All teams must complete the application form in full with all signatures of permission for all project team members. A detailed explanation of the project must be provided. Special consideration will be paid to project complexity, challenges overcome, innovation, sustainability, cold chain impact, and contribution to society. Participation by IACSC members in addition to the contractor/design-build firm will be noted. Photos and client testimonials are encouraged.
|IACSC AWARD SCORECARD|
|IACSC Member Participation||30|
|Contribution to larger society or temperature-controlled supply chain||5|
Applications will be assessed during a formal scorecard review process conducted by the Selection Panel (made up of members of the IACSC Marketing & Brand Awareness Committee).
If you have questions about the award, submission process, or anything else related to the IACSC Built by the Best Award, please contact Laura Poko at firstname.lastname@example.org.