Energy costs are among the most controllable expenses in a refrigerated warehouse, yet are often unmanaged. The member-only resources below are designed to help you get a handle on energy and save money.
- Demand Response Facts and Frequently Asked Questions – Learn about and evaluate demand response programs, which pay cold storage businesses to change their energy use habits to benefit the grid at-large.
- Energy Modeling Guideline for Cold Storage and Refrigerated Warehouse Facilities – Designers of cold storage and refrigerated facilities can use this guidance document to certify buildings under the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED rating system.
- Fire Safe Solar White Paper – Learn best practices in installing and maintaining a fire-safe solar photovoltaic (PV) system.
- Solar Energy Fact Sheet – Get answers to some of the most common questions about solar energy systems for temperature-controlled facilities with this helpful fact sheet.
- Solar Photovoltaic System Guidelines – This white paper can help you identify requirements and pros and cons of solar systems in general and provide an overview of different types of solar technologies and mounting systems.
- 50 Low- and No-Cost Tips for Saving Energy – Learn about the many ways to cut costs while using energy efficiently. This eBook was created by GCCA’s Energy Efficiency Service Partner Cascade Energy. See below for more information on how Cascade Energy can help your company.
COLD FACTS Magazine Articles
Here’s a sample of some of the in-depth articles on energy featured in COLD FACTS Magazine. For more articles, browse the archives.
- Profitable Sustainability: The Energy Component – Whether it’s investing in retrofit projects, engaging in new construction or committing to a Strategic Energy Management plan, sustainable profitability boils down to reducing your energy spend through intelligent investment in efficiency. (January-February 2013)
- More Low-Cost Tips to Save Energy – Learn how to maximize the efficiency of facility systems and reduce energy consumption and costs. (March-April 2012)
- Low-Cost Tips to Save Energy – Learn seven low-cost tips for improving the energy efficiency of refrigerated warehouses. (January-February 2012)
Cascade Energy and GCCA have partnered to offer to IARW, WFLO, IRTA, and IACSC members energy efficiency services. For assistance with your energy management needs, contact Cascade Energy at +1 866 324 6403 or IARW@nullCascadeEnergy.com. Learn how Cascade Energy can help the cold chain industry.
IARW-IACSC Refrigeration and Energy Committee
The Refrigeration and Energy Committee provides guidance to maximize efficient, effective, reliable, safe and economical refrigeration. View the membership roster.