Don Schlimme Future Leader Award
Organized by the Global Cold Chain Alliance and its Core Partner the International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses, the Don Schlimme Future Leader Award recognizes outstanding young professionals in the North American cold storage industry. The award is named in honor of Donald V. Schlimme, Ph.D, who passed away in 2012 and was a longtime member of the WFLO Scientific Advisory Committee (1983-2012) and a WFLO Staff Advisor for many of those years. He was an expert in food science and cold storage and was committed to sharing his extensive knowledge.
How To Apply
- Download the 2018 Don Schlimme Award Chapter Nomination Information Packet for a detailed view of the application, judging process, eligibility, and expectations.
- Download the Interview and Presentation Tips
- Download the Application Form
The application form requires you to submit:
- Completed application form
- 1-page resume
- 1-page personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
Complete applications consisting of the application form, resume, personal statement, and letters of recommendation should be forwarded to email@example.com by March 12, 2018.
Benefits of Participating in the Award
- Finalists from the application round will compete for the Don Schlimme Future Leader Award at the 2018 IARW-WFLO Convention at the Ritz-Carlton on Amelia Island near Jacksonville, FL.
- The Don Schlimme Future Leader Award Winner will receive a travel stipend up to $2,500 to attend the Global NextGen Award Competition at the 2018 Global Cold Chain Expo in Chicago, IL.
- Broaden knowledge and understanding of the industry
- Meet many key players in the temperature-controlled logistics industry
This award is open to all employees of all IARW warehouse member companies who:
- Have demonstrated excellence in their work
- Have demonstrated potential to excel further in any of the many facets within the industry
- Have worked within the industry for a minimum of three years and have a broad knowledge of the refrigerated warehouse.
- Are from any section of the industry including commercial, administrative, technical, engineering, accounting, sales, handling, service, or management
- Possess insight into their organization’s strategic values and direction, policies
- Are available to attend the WFLO Institute and the Global NextGen Award Competition
Please contact Catharine Perry, Director of Education and Training at firstname.lastname@example.org.