GCCA Announces New European Logistics Council Members
The Global Cold Chain Alliance’s (GCCA) European Logistics Council met this week in conjunction with the 25th GCCA European Cold Chain Conference in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Niels Lundgaard-Svenstrup, Nordic Network & Business Development Director, Lineage Logistics, Denmark was elected as Council Chairman and Xavier Haspeslagh, Owner, Stockhabo (Constellation Cold Logistics), Belgium was elected Council Vice Chair. In addition, new Council members include Hans Kroes, Managing Director Europe, Americold Logistics LLC, Netherlands, Jon Miles, Country Manager, NewCold, United Kingdom, and Ingrid Vanstreels, Business Development Advisor, Port of Antwerp, Belgium.
“The Council members contribute their experience, influence, and vision to promote cold chain overall, to enhance association services and resources, and to help advance the sector,” stated Council Chairman Niels Lundgaard-Svenstrup, Nordic Network & Business Development Director, Lineage Logistics, Denmark . “I am honored to be the Chairman of the council.”
The European Logistics Council launched in 2020 and is a new leadership group advocating for the interests of GCCA’s European membership community, replacing the former GCCA European Advisory Council. Thirteen European members have been appointed to serve on the Council for a renewable two-year term for members at large, and one year for the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Niels Lundgaard-Svenstrup, Nordic Network & Business Development Director, Lineage Logistics, Denmark (elected Chair)
- Xavier Haspeslagh, Owner, Stockhabo (Constellation Cold Logistics), Belgium (elected Vice Chair)
- Tasos Charitonidis, Operations and Customer service Dpt., Alaska Cold Stores, Greece (warehouse member)
- Hans Kroes, Managing Director Europe, Americold Logistics LLC, Netherlands (warehouse member)
- Andrew Lawrence, Director, Magnavale, United Kingdom (warehouse member)
- George Lee, Commercial Director UK & Ireland, Americold Logistics LLC, Ireland (transportation member)
- Jon Miles, Country Manager, NewCold, United Kingdom (warehouse member)
- Joris Olbrechts, Director, Jodifrost, Belgium (warehouse member)
- Jeroen Tempels, Managing Director, Eurofrigo (Nichirei), Netherlands (warehouse member)
- Ron van Gestel, Senior Commercial Manager, DP World, Belgium (transportation member)
- Ben van Leeuwen, Global Business Development Manager, Frigolanda Group, Netherlands (warehouse member)
- Ingrid Vanstreels, Business Development Advisor, Port of Antwerp, Belgium (transportation member)
- Kris Verbruggen, Managing Director, Frigo Logistics (Nichirei), Poland (transportation member)
"I am excited to work alongside these leaders to further develop the state and image of the cold chain in Europe. The Council members are visionary leaders who have strong ambitions for the future of the sector,” says GCCA European Director Julie Hanson. “Collectively, they will serve as the voice of the cold chain industry in Europe and help GCCA drive growth and value for our members.”
During their meeting held today, the Council reviewed the results of a recent survey to European Members regarding their advocacy and business priorities and has set their focus in 2022 to address these member needs:
- Climate change targets and Carbon footprint reduction;
- Cold storage insurance & best practices;
- Labour - health at work and talent development;
- Industry promotion, advocating for the cold chain;
- Improved Market data.
About the Global Cold Chain Alliance
Comprised of its Core Partners, including the International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses (IARW), the World Food Logistics Organization (WFLO), the International Refrigerated Transportation Association (IRTA), and the Controlled Environment Building Association (CEBA), the Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA) represents all major industries engaged in temperature-controlled logistics. GCCA unites all partners to be innovative leaders in the temperature-controlled products industry.
Media Contact: Julie Hanson, Director of GCCA Europe (firstname.lastname@example.org).