Written by GCCA Vice President of Government and Legal Affairs Lowell Randel
On October 27, 2016, the California Air Resources Board (CARB) initiated a Cold Storage Warehouse Survey that applies to refrigerated warehouses in the State of California. CARB is requesting this information to improve the agency’s emission inventory and to evaluate the feasibility of establishing stationary Transportation Refrigeration Unit (TRU) engine operating time limits to reduce air pollution emissions from TRUs, including greenhouse gasses (GHG), diesel particulate matter (PM), and nitrogen oxides (NOx).
Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA) members with facilities in California are encouraged to participate in the survey. Strong industry participation will help ensure that CARB has industry based information available as the agency considers potential regulatory changes.
CARB has provided three ways to complete the survey:
- Fill out the attached hard copy survey form. For companies with multiple facilities in California, CARB requests a separate form for each facility.
- Complete the survey using the spreadsheet version. This format may be easier for companies with a larger number of facilities in the state. The spreadsheet can be accessed by:
- Downloading and unzipping the file from the following link: https://www.arb.ca.gov/cc/cold-storage/documents/coldstoragewhse-survey-sprdsht.zip
- Sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and including “Cold Storage Warehouse Survey Spreadsheet” in the subject line and request the Cold Storage Warehouse Survey Spreadsheet in the message.
- Complete the survey online (separate submissions for each facility) by going to the following website: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3122835/Cold-Storage-Warehouse-Survey
Surveys should be completed and returned no later than November 30, 2016. Hard copies should be sent to:
California Air Resources Board
Attention: Rod Hill
Transportation and Toxics Division
P.O. Box 2815
Sacramento, CA 95815
Please contact Lowell Randel (email@example.com) if you have any questions about the survey.