Get Tools and Information in our Coronavirus Webportal>>
The 23rd European Conference has been postponed.
Click here to read an important notice and update regarding the event.
GCCA is fully committed to taking appropriate precautions to provide a safe and healthy environment for all conference attendees and is closely monitoring the international travel situation with regard to the coronavirus (COVID-19). We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC). The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) has stated that the risk associated with COVID-19 infection for people from the EU/EEA and UK is currently considered moderate to high. There are no current alerts issued for travel to or from the Netherlands.
Frequently Asked Questions about GCCA Conferences and COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
1.What measures are being implemented to provide a safe and healthy environment for GCCA attendees?
The wellbeing of all conference attendees and hotel’s guests is our highest priority. GCCA is working diligently in our commitment to provide a safe and hospitable environment for all attendees. GCCA and the hotel have taken the following extra measures:
- In the public areas and at registration there will be disinfectant liquid stands to disinfect hands
- There will be a no-handshake policy at the conference and in the hotel
- The hotel has ordered special equipment, chemicals and personal protective equipment
- The hotel room attendants will disinfect daily the remote control, light switches, all door handles in each hotel room. In addition, the housekeeping team will do the same in the public areas every hour.
2.GCCA requested that GCCA European Cold Chain Conference attendees notify GCCA as to your coronavirus risk by using this online form.
Copies of this declaration will also be handed out at the entrance for the GCCA European Cold Chain Conference . However, we recommend that you bring the printed and completed declaration with you. The declaration will be checked every time you enter the premesis.
3.If you belong to one of the risk group listed below, we impress upon you not to participate at an upcoming GCCA Conference out of consideration for others and public health.
- traveled to an area with an increased level of coronavirus less than 14 days before the conference
- if you have had contact to a person with a confirmed coronavirus infection
- if you are experiencing typical symptoms (fever, coughing, shortness of breath)
We will continue to closely follow this issue. Rest assured that the safety of our 23rd GCCA European Conference attendees has the highest priority for us and that we will take all necessary precautionary measures.
For more information on COVID-19, visit the following resources
2019-nCoV Website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
Information for Travelers: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
World Health Organization (WHO):
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
Updated 4 March 2020.