Get Tools and Information in our Coronavirus Webportal>>
Virtual Platform FAQ’s and Best Practices
- For the best user experience, use the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox (from a desktop or laptop) to access the meeting dashboard.
- Run this browser test (https://browsertest.eventfinity.co/) before the first event day to ensure your camera/audio are working and configured correctly.
- When participating from home, for the strongest bandwidth for the meeting
1. Limit others’ use of the internet (gaming, streaming, movies, television)
2. Set up in a location where your internet is the strongest.
3. If possible, connect your computer to a hardline ethernet cable.
- When joining a Vmeet session, following are viewer tips for participation:
1. Please turn on your video so your colleagues can see you.
2. Please turn on your video so your colleagues can see you.
3. Identify a well-lit area where your face is illuminated from behind the computer screen. Make sure there are no bright lights or windows behind you, as backlighting makes it difficult for others to see you.
4. Turn off any overhead fans or other electronic devices that emit noise.
5. Sit no further than an arm’s length away from your computer.
6. Center your face and shoulders in the camera view.
- Mute your microphone while others are speaking.
- Ensure your volume is turned up on your laptop.
- To avoid any technical issues when you are moving between meeting rooms/sessions, close out the tab for the meeting that you are leaving before joining the next meeting.
1. How do I fix a frozen or black screen?
If your browser window freezes or goes all black after a screen share, the immediate fix is to quit, restart Chrome and return to the vMeet room you were in.
To prevent it from happening again, go into your Chrome browser settings and search 'hardware'. Where it says "Use hardware acceleration when available" - turn it OFF. This article helps explain the problem.
2. How do I enable my camera?
Make sure you are using a Chrome browser. When you first launch the video chat you will be prompted to allow “ gccavip.eventfinity.co” to use your camera and microphone. Press the ‘Allow’ Button.
If you did not receive this pop-up or pressed another button, you can go to the right of your address bar and select the camera icon. You will see a pop-up that allows you to select ‘Continue allowing https://gccavip.eventfinity.co to access your camera and microphone. Make sure that is selected and press done.
3. How do I turn off my audio?
If you wish to turn off your audio, press the microphone button on the left side of the screen. The button will become a red icon that is crossed out.
4. How do I hide my video?
If you wish to hide your camera, press the camera button on the left side of the screen. The button will become a grey icon.
5. How do I leave the meeting?
To leave the meeting, simply press the red phone button on the left side of the screen.
6. People are appearing blurry. How do I fix this?
Make sure you are in a space with a reliable Wi-Fi network. To test your network’s speed, please go to www.speedtest.net.
7. I am getting a pop-up error when I enter the chat room.
Make sure you are using a Chrome browser.
8. Other people in my chat can’t see me.
Make sure your camera features are enabled, there is nothing covering your laptop camera, and you are not sitting in-front of a window.
9. How do I fix a VPN problem?
For best connection, make sure your VPN is off/disconnected.
10. How do I help people who appear in breakouts with no audio or video and are phantom guests?
Please use the “chat” help function in the lower right hand side of any page in the event portal. This will not appear in the Vmeet rooms, you will need to go back to your agenda page or any other page within the portal to use this function.
11. How do I fix an echo in my breakout?
Notify all listeners in both audio and in the chat to mute their microphones unless speaking. We recommend using headphones, however if you are using a microphone or built in mic, make sure that it is configured correctly via your computer’s audio settings.
12. How do I fix it if someone’s audio drops out (can’t hear another person speaking even though others can).
Ask them to rejoin the room, check their internet connection, and/or verify that they are not using a VPN or other browser except for Chrome. You can also have them do the connectivity test.
13. The camera kept cutting out when the moderator was talking, kept cutting to headshot.
Ask them to rejoin the room, check their internet connection, and/or verify that they are not using a VPN or other browser except for Chrome. You can also have them do the connectivity test. This may also be your bandwidth, not the moderators.
14. What if I need technical support?
Use the Chat / Tech Support function on the bottom right of your screen for technical support at any time or call (833) 740-0769 for assistance from a technical specialist.
15. What if I don’t see the correct sessions in my personalized agenda?
Please contact technical support using the Chat/ Tech Support function.
16. I can’t see or hear the presenter during a session. What should I do?
If you are not able to see or hear the presenter in a virtual meeting, click the refresh icon on your browser. Check and adjust your speaker volume levels, as needed.