The Graduate Institute Professional Development Program is a three-day industry-specific training program for professionals engaged in temperature-controlled logistics who have graduated from the WFLO Institute.
With the ever-changing environment of the temperature-controlled logistics industry, it is important that middle managers are prepared with the knowledge and skills to take on the future challenges of the industry. This program prepares them for those challenges by equipping them with critical thinking and leadership skills needed to succeed.
Who Should Attend
Graduates of the three-year WFLO Institute program who are leaders involved in any aspect of work in with customers and bringing in business to a warehouse. This includes but is not limited to:
- Warehouse general managers
- Leaders in corporate engineering, food safety, IT, business development, HR, etc.
*If you or a senior employee of yours has gone through the WFLO Institute program, but you feel he or she would be a good fit for the Graduate Institute, please reach out to GCCA HQ at 703 373 4300.
- Participate in highly engaging, scenario-based learning utilizing real-world case studies
- Apply the content that you learn in meaningful ways that will impact your on-the-job performance
- Develop leadership and management skills
- Share best practices with peers and learn from others’ experiences
- Network with other WFLO Institute graduates
- Learn from industry experts at the Global Cold Chain Expo
I attended the WFLO graduate institute in 2016. The program was very well organized and facilitated. We worked in small groups and were able to get to know every attendee during the interactive sessions. Presenting our project findings to the large groups of professionals at the Cold Chain Expo was nerve wracking but a great public speaking and personal growth opportunity. When you know that you have an audience like this, you work harder to prepare. Featuring our presentation on the trade show floor showed the confidence our facilitators and the WFLO had in us to represent the organization well. In any educational opportunity, you get back what you put into it, and for me this was a great networking and learning experience. I would highly recommend this program, especially for those individuals working at the manager level.
Director of Eastern Operations, Trenton Cold Storage Group
2016 WFLO Graduate Institute Graduate