Since 1948, BRUCHA has been a market-leading European producer of the construction materials to build cold storage environments for the perishable foods, pharmaceutical, and grocery store industries. Headquartered in Austria, BRUCHA quickly expanded into other European countries, always focused on a steady and strategic growth of its business. That’s where you come in to play in the US.
The basic construction elements in a BRUCHA project typically includes insulated panels, cold storage doors, and cooling (refrigeration and freezer) cells. BRUCHA is well known in Europe for having a very innovative portfolio of cold storage products – Internal building envelopes that are energy efficient, price competitive, and easy to install.
After many years of project work around the world, BRUCHA has just established a subsidiary in the US in early 2018. We are very excited and motivated to bring the right people on board, like you, to build the US arm into a competitive market player in the American cold storage industry.
Detailed Position and Candidate Description - US BRUCHA Corp. Sales Manager
BRUCHA is looking for an experienced commercial sales manager in the cold storage, perishable food, and grocery store industries. This is an opportunity for a high level of professional growth, setting the stage for a corresponding and significant degree of US market expansion and penetration.
Therefore, a strongly independent, entrepreneurial spirit will be essential in this leadership and sales management role. Someone who is capable to acquire new accounts and build a sustainable customer base, who is eager to help build a US subsidiary from the ground up, willing and able to get his or her hands dirty in the beginning years, and has the necessary skill-sets to build up a successful and thriving US marketing and sales team.
Ideally, this person will be based in the Midwest, which is the target region for the expansion. Many of BRUCHA’s targeted partners and customers will be in the Midwest. However, the US Sales and Business Development Manager may be based anywhere in country.
Additionally, this sales manager, who will be on the road for more than 50% of his or her time, should have a well-established professional, project, and sales network within the cold storage, perishable food, and grocery store industries – that can be quickly leveraged into successful sales channels for the company.
Core Position Responsibilities and Expectations
- The US Sales and Business Development Manager will work closely with the US CEO and senior-level management in Austria to strategically develop marketing and sales plans for the entire US
- Be responsible for developing regional sales strategies, forecasts, and setting overall long-term planning goals
- Create an operational Go-2-Market plan, and identify, acquire, cultivate, and secure new cold storage customers
- Meet sales objectives through solidifying a healthy number of top-tier customers within a six to nine-month period
- Maintain control over the development of sales and distribution channels in different regions, and keep track of the necessary accounting, controlling, and reporting of all accounts
- Function as the first contact person and the link between executive management and customers
- Develop the loyalty of customers and consolidate them into long-lasting partnerships
- Drafting of effective sales presentations of BRUCHA’s products to prospects and customers
- Perform presentations and coordinate detailed meetings with customers when necessary
- Organize, participate and represent BRUCHA in trade fairs, sales meetings, and customer trainings
- Constantly stays informed about technical product changes in the market and about new products that come through BRUCHA’s R&D and manufacturing teams
- Works in concert with BRUCHA’s new US Technical Project Manager
- Needs to travel to Austria and other European destinations to maintain relationships and collaborate with sales and technical HQ counterparts at trade shows and sales meetings
- In the mid-term, will build, support, and promote a successful sales team in the US
- Education Minimum Requirements – BA or BS in some business-related field, marketing, advertising, sales, or management. Or STEM field with successful post-education extroverted sales experience and team building
- Work Minimum Requirements – Greater than 5 years of sales and business development management experience in the cold storage and perishable food value chains
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills – ability to persuade in verbal and written form
- Proven track record of being able to work under pressure and still meet critical deadlines
We offer the Following Employment Benefits:
- Stable family business with 70 years of experience in cold storage construction
- Long-term and secure employment in a private company
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- High-level training at BRUCHA’s corporate HQ in Austria
- Open door policy with permanent and straightforward support from management
- Very interesting workplace with high potential for leadership responsibility
- From the outset, a starting place on the growing staff of the new BRUCHA-US subsidiary
To Apply, Contact Jeff Hoskins at GCI Management LLC, Sr. Management Consultant Email – firstname.lastname@example.org