The Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) is preparing for the phase 2 implementation of the export re-inspections and export certifications through PHIS on March 4, 2019. FSIS will be adding the listed countries to the PHIS system effective on March 4, 2019. An industry test environment has been established by FSIS and will be available January 7 – February 15, 2019. The process will follow the same as Phase 1. All members that plan to export to the listed countries below are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the industry testing period.
Countries: Angola, Antarctica, Aruba, Bhutan, Botswana, Bouvett Island, Brunei Darussalam, Christmas Island, Comoros, Eritrea, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, French Southern and Antarctic Islands, Greenland, Guernsey, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Isle of Man, Jersey, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, and Vietnam.
Important Information to Note:
- Industry test environment will be available January 7 – February 15, 2019. This process will follow the same as Phase 1, establishments will have a two-week time frame to test.
- Emails will be sent out a week prior to your test time.
- You will be assigned a staff member from the Export team for assistance.
- The Service Desk specifically for this effort will be available.
- E-Authorization level 2 is required for all persons using the system; you must have your FSIS inplant personnel enter a name as an establishment administrator in PHIS on the contacts page.
- Informational materials, including User Guides, recorded webinars, HELP videos, etc., are on the FSIS internet site: https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/inspection/phis/phis.