** NEWLY CREATED ROLES! **
The Regional Maintenance Manager is responsible for leadership and guidance of site maintenance teams -- along with ensuring the facility, ammonia system and overall locations efficacy.
The successful candidate will travel 50-75%; provide hands-on support while teaching their technical expertise to team members. Ideally, the candidate will live or be able to relocate to one of the the following areas: Raleigh NC, Sioux City IA, Minneapolis/St. Paul MN or Columbus OH.
Cloverleaf provides cold storage warehousing and further food processing services.
- Regularly visit and support all assigned facilities to insure the building, equipment and systems are being properly maintained and facility improvements are developed and fully implemented.
- Insure facility maintenance and improvements are performed a safe, clean, orderly and efficient fashion.
- Communicate weekly, at minimum, with each facility maintenance lead to support maintenance and operations activities.
- Provide project support and oversight for facility improvements, as well as building additions and new construction. Insure projects are completed on time and under budget.
- Review reports and KPI’s to support efficient operation and performance of each facility and associated equipment including close monitoring of power and other utilities.
- Verify that facilities are maintaining compliance with PSM/RMP and all other requlatory programs and standards.
- Ensure operations by determining work priorities and scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment.
- Oversee maintenance operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing programs pertaining to operational policies and procedures.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipts.
- Coordinates scheduling and assigning of Maintenance II; following up on work results.
- Tour the warehouse on a regular basis (not less than weekly) to assure building and equipment are both safe and operable.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locate source of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoist, cranes, hand tools, and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Responsible for the care and upkeep of the building, material handling equipment, and refrigeration systems.
- Identify current and future maintenance requirements by establishing rapport with management and personnel.
- Review preventative maintenance reports and statistics; inspect operating machines, equipment, and systems for conformance with operational standards.
- Resolve maintenance problems by conferring with management.
- Protect employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Collaborate departmental work flow between warehouse, production, office, and corporate administrative departments.
- Support assigned duties of plant management to assist in the business of the facility.
- Must be computer literate and able to work in MS Excel, Word and Outlook. Autocad or Project experience is a plus.
- RETA Certification in Industrial Refrigeration Course One and Two *
- Successful completion of recertification every three (3) years of RETA Industrial Refrigeration Course One and Two.
- Knowledge of maintenance, mechanical, electrical, welding and ability to read schematics.
- Capable of using a wide variety of had tools and various electric/mechanical testing devices.
- Problem solving abilities with attention to detail.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds frequently
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to read and write in English.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- 5 years management experience in warehouse/distribution maintenance.
- 5 - 10 years experience in operation/maintenance of ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Refrigerated warehouse construction experience is desired.
- Proven leadership abilities
Knowledge and experience in Safety and OSHA desired.