Nor-Am Cold Storage is currently searching for a Systems Administrator professional based in our Le Mars, Iowa location. Nor-Am is a family operated refrigerated warehouse company, we pride ourselves on treating our employees like family and our customers like partners. We do what we say we’re going to do. If this sounds like the place for you, read below, check us out at www.nor-am.com and confidentially submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Deliver first class customer service to internal and external customers. Respond to customer needs in a timely and accurate manner. Build positive relationships with customers and co-workers and be supportive of a team atmosphere.
- Ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure in order to provide maximum performance for users. Prioritizes the efficiency, capability and scalability of the network.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization; PRTG, Cacti experience a plus.
- Establishes and enforces policies, defines and monitors access, and supports and administers firewall environments in line with IT security policy to ensure a secure network. Basic configuration of firewalls; Juniper, PFsense, Snort experience a plus.
- Configuration of routing and switching equipment, configuration of hosted IP voice services.
- Participate in and plan for disaster recovery / business continuity programs.
- Possess solid Microsoft and Linux platform knowledge.
- Assist with general desktop support, troubleshooting desktop hardware/software problems and properly document support, repair and project activities using a help desk ticketing system.
- All team members are cross trained in all main IT functions and participate in 24hr on call rotation.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or another computer related field.
- Have 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
Technical certifications will be taken into consideration