The International Refrigerated Transportation Association (IRTA), a GCCA Core Partner, supports the needs and interests of organizations involved in the transportation sector of the cold chain. Take advantage of these member-only resources. Not a member? Join today.
White Papers and Reports
- IRTA Driver Training Program for STF Compliance – Training program developed by IRTA-GCCA for drivers to become compliant with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Sanitary Transportation of Food rule.
- Sanitary Transportation of Food Compliance Resources – Created by IRTA-GCCA for refrigerated carriers utilizing truck, trailer and multi-temperature means of transporting food.
- SOLAS Container Weight Verification Guide – Learn about the Safety-of-Life-at-Sea (SOLAS), which was amended in mid-2016 to require that a packed container’s gross weight must be verified before being loaded onto a ship.
- 13 Key Elements of FSMA: Sanitary Food Transportation Act – Read about the key elements that are likely to be in play during the rule-making process for the Sanitary Food Transportation Act.
- Food Safety Modernization Act Compliance Guide – The Global Cold Chain Alliance developed this guide to help cold storage operators understand major FSMA requirements.
COLD FACTS Magazine Articles
Here’s a sample of some of the in-depth articles on the refrigerated transportation and logistics industry featured in COLD FACTS Magazine. For more articles, browse the archives.
- Global Demand Driving Reefer Shipping – Worldwide consumer demand for convenient perishable food products bodes well for continuing growth in reefer shipping volume. (September-October 2014)
- From the First Mile to the Last -Transportation experts share their best practices for meeting the specialized needs of their customers. (May-June 2014)
- FDA Releases Sanitary Transportation of Food Rule -The proposed rule is one of the last major regulations under the Food Safety Modernization Act. (May-June 2014)
- Transportation Challenges around the World – Networks and cultural differences have a direct impact on the cold chain in developing countries. (March-April 2014)
Legislative and Regulatory Updates
Keep abreast of the latest legislative and regulatory changes impacting the refirgerated transportation industry with the Government Connection blog. Subscribe to Government Connection to get email updates whenever there is a new post. See posts »
Download the IRTA Member Logo
Download the IRTA Member logo and proudly show your support of excellence in refrigerated transportation and logistics.
- IRTA Board of Directors – IRTA is led by a Board of Directors made up of a diverse group of leaders from the temperature-controlled transportation and logistics industry. The board includes carriers, warehouse operators, trade press, and suppliers. MORE
- GCCA Supply Chain Operations Committee – The GCCA Supply Chain Operations Committee examines the process of planning, implementing and controlling the operations of the supply chain. View the membership roster.
- Refrigerated Transportation Best Practices Task Force -This special task force is working to establish industry best practices for the transportation and handling of temperature-controlled products. View the membership roster.