Get Tools and Information in our Coronavirus Webportal>>
On Monday, May 17, 2021, following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announcing new guidance indicating that fully vaccinated people can safely participate in most activities, indoor or outdoor, without wearing a mask or social distancing, FSIS updated their guidance for in-plant personnel.
Effective immediately FSIS has instructed in-plant personnel to follow this guidance:
- If they are fully vaccinated, they are no longer required to wear a face mask and face shield or practice physical distancing in plants provided your establishment does not require it.
- If your establishment requires face masks and/or face shields, FSIS employees will continue to follow your requirements.
- Fully vaccinated FSIS personnel may elect to continue wearing face masks and/or face shields based on their level of comfort.
- If they are not fully vaccinated (at least 2 weeks past your final dose), CDC guidance indicates they should continue to wear a face mask and shield and maintain physical distancing consistent with the requirements set forth in the workplace safety plan.
- FSIS inspection personnel will continue to follow requirements establishments have for their personnel to control exposure, including face masks, face shields, and monitoring procedures.