Get Tools and Information in our Coronavirus Webportal>>
In light of the evolving situation surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), GCCA leadership has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 face-to-face IARW-WFLO Convention and the 2020 GCCA Cold Chain Conference & Expo. But all is not lost. We are excited to announce three new opportunities that GCCA is launching to provide you and your team with opportunities to learn, connect, and engage with our community of cold chain professionals and supporters. Below is a sneak preview of the three new opportunities.
Your safety is paramount, and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this time. GCCA staff members will be contacting all registrants, sponsors and exhibitors to see how you would like to reposition your funds toward our new initiatives or other 2020 activities.
Registration for all events will be launched in the weeks to follow.
Were you registered to attend? Sponsor? Exhibit? Read Frequently Asked Questions
For IARW-WFLO Convention as well as GCCA Cold Chain Conference & Expo
- What happens to my current registration? Whether you were registered for the IARW-WFLO Convention or the GCCA Cold Chain Conference & Expo, we will contact you to determine whether you'd like to a) transfer your registration to one of the new events, b) donate the registration fee to the World Food Logistics Organization (WFLO), the foundation arm of the Global Cold Chain Alliance - donations are tax-deductible, c) apply your registration to a 2021 event, or d) request a full refund.
- Do I need to register for the new events? If you had previously registered for one of the canceled events, we will contact you to see which event you'd like to transfer registration to. If you had not previously registered, you will need to register. Check this page or our Events Calendar for registration links, coming in the next few weeks.
- Do I need to cancel my hotel reservations? If you made a room reservation for the Convention at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, the hotel is canceling reservations. You may contact the hotel if you would like a confirmation of the cancellation by calling +1 877-803-7534. If you were registered for the Conference & Expo at the Hilton Anatole, GCCA is working with the hotel to cancel your room in the coming weeks. To contact the hotel directly, call +1-800-445-8667.
- When is my board or GCCA committee meeting taking place? We will be reaching out to every board and committee member with updated details.
- Who should register for the “Cold Chain Essentials” virtual learning events? We know that it takes a variety of skills and talents to keep the cold chain moving so we’re excited to offer virtual learning opportunities for a variety of industry professionals. We’ll offer unique learning paths for owners and executives, facility operations leaders, engineering and construction professionals and those working in the general supply chain and transportation sectors. We’re also offering exclusive learning opportunities to our associate members, suppliers and vendors to help them leverage their B2B business development.
- How often will the “Cold Chain Essentials” sessions take place? Learning events in the Cold Chain Essentials Series will begin the week of September 28 and end the week of November 10. Events will be spaced over the span of seven weeks to allow you to apply your newly-gained knowledge to your day-to-day responsibilities. This won’t be like other trainings you’ve attended where you stuff some handouts in a drawer never to be used again. This is essential learning for essential workers.
- Do I need to participate in all the sessions or can I pick and choose those that seem most relevant to me? While we hope you’ll make the most out of your registration, we understand that you may have more immediate needs and interests. For that reason, you can "choose your own adventure." As you do so, know that we’re offering some pretty cool incentives to those who complete their track.
- Will live sessions be recorded for archived viewing? Yes! All registered attendees will have digital access to the content for an extended period of time beyond the final week of the series.
- I was a sponsor at IARW-WFLO Convention. What happens to my investment? Sponsors originally scheduled to participate in the IARW-WFLO Convention will have the opportunity to attend and sponsor the Innovation Summit (new event) held in conjunction with the October IARW-WFLO Strategic Board meeting in Kauai, Hawaii. Designed to be an exclusive, executive level event like the IARW-WFLO Convention, the Summit and Board meeting will connect you with both IARW and WFLO board members and other c-suite individuals from IARW-WFLO Warehouse member companies. Starting on Thursday, October 22, the Summit and Board meeting will provide a forum to address where the industry is today and how GCCA and our member companies can collectively band together to chart a course for continued success. Conversations and interactions amongst attendees and sponsors will continue throughout the entire joint event.
- What are the new sponsorship opportunities? The high level of participation you invested in the IARW-WFLO Convention will be replicated at the Innovation Summit to be held in conjunction with the IARW-WFLO Strategic Board Meeting in Kauai, Hawaii. The event is designed to provide access to the same industry leaders that attend the IARW-WFLO Convention; the event will just be hosted under a different name - the Innovation Summit. We will communicate with you as soon as possible and will reach out to schedule a call to walk you through the new program.
- What if I am not able to participate in the Innovation Summit? We know how important connecting with peers, customers, clients, and friends in the industry is to the success of your business so GCCA is also offering virtual Cold Chain Collaboration B2B Meetings program to provide your company with convenient and flexible ways to engage in executive level in-person networking via virtual meetings with key contacts. In the event you cannot participate in one or both components of the program, your sponsorship funds can be applied to other GCCA events and initiatives.
- I’m not currently a sponsor at the IARW-WFLO Convention – how can I participate or get involved in the Innovation Summit and October IARW-WFLO Strategic Board Meeting? The Innovation Summit and October IARW-WFLO Strategic Board Meeting has been designed to provide GCCA associate members with high-profile, exclusive networking and branding opportunities to spotlight your company and services. Please contact James Rogers at +1 703-373-4300 or email@example.com to learn about how you can participate and leverage this exciting new opportunity.
- I was a Cold Chain Conference & Expo exhibitor. What happens to my investment now that the event is no longer being held in person and can you tell me more about the B2B Cold Chain Collaboration Sessions? Our new virtual B2B program will replace the in-person event to connect you directly with prospective customers/buyers. The B2B program works with you and qualified individuals to pre-schedule appointments ahead of the designated meeting window to help ensure consistent customer contact. Meetings will be conducted over a period of time, instead of just three days. The goal of the B2B model is to provide you with a program that complements your business and enhances your productivity. The program won’t take over your work week; it will supplement the Cold Chain Conference & Expo with focused meetings with key trading partners. By moving your investment to a virtual environment, GCCA is committed to creating a convenient and flexible program that works for you.
- When will I find out more about the new program? GCCA will be in touch shortly to confirm your participation and support in this exciting new opportunity. Registration will be available in early August. The IARW & IRTA board members and their teams have been encouraged to participate in this program. Meetings have also taken place and are scheduled with IARW Warehouse member companies; they are extremely excited and supportive to engage at the executive level in a safe virtual environment with participants.
- How much does it cost to participate? GCCA will be in touch shortly to confirm your participation and support in this exciting new opportunity. The program and costs are currently being finalized.
- I’m not a current exhibitor at the Cold Chain Conference & Expo – how can I participate or get involved in the new B2B Cold Chain Collaboration Sessions? To participate and learn more about the program, please reach out to James Rogers at + 1 703-373-4303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who do I contact...