Get Tools and Information in our Coronavirus Webportal>>
GCCA membership in Europe spans temperature-controlled warehouse members with a total capacity of over 25 million cubic meters, refrigerated transportation companies, controlled-environment building companies as well as abroad range of cold chain equipment suppliers and other vendors across 22 countries.
The European Logistics Council is the leadership group advocating for the interests of GCCA’s European membership community, replacing the former “GCCA European Advisory Council”. Composed of GCCA temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation members, the Council contribute their experience, influence, and vision to promote cold chain overall, to enhance industry services and resources, and to help advance the sector. Get acquainted with the Council members here.
The European Logistics Council has set a number of priorities on which GCCA Europe will focus efforts in 2022. These include:
- Promoting Cold Chain Logistics to the EU
- Trends in the Cold Chain – From Air to Sea?
- The Future of Cold Chain – China & Asia
- European Cold Storage Benchmarking
A strong portfolio of services and programs are offered to our warehousing, transportation and controlled-environment building members in Europe. These include:
- A broad range of GCCA resources, technical guides, white papers and market research (some resources are available in Spanish and Portuguese)
- Educational & networking initiatives
- Benchmarking data for warehouse operations
- Advocacy for refrigerated transportation members
- Scientific advice and inquiry service
- GCCA’s WFLO Institute training, online learning and webinars
- And more (explore the Resources section of this website for more)
GCCA Europe offers multiple opportunities for members to meet in person and connect virtually:
- European Cold Chain Conference – annual regional event
- Cold Chain Connection – intimate networking and learning events focused locally
- European Warehouse Forum – exclusive logistics share group
- Virtual Cold Chain Café – topical roundtable discussions
- Leadership Forum – bespoke share group designed for business executives
- Cold Chain Federation – As part of the partnership agreement between the Cold Chain Federation and GCCA UK based storage and distribution; members of the Cold Chain Federation will have access to all the resources and benefits of GCCA membership.
CCF Members: Register here for your reciprocal GCCA benefits.
GCCA Members: Register here for your reciprocal CCF benefits.
In case you were unable to attend or would like to review a session, we’ve posted presentations from the Opportunities to Develop the Cold Chain Network in Ghana below. What: Opportunities to Develop the Cold Chain Network in Ghana Webinars When: September 12th, 15th, 19th, 2022 Where: Virtual Monday, September 12, 2022: Click Here...
In case you were unable to attend or would like to review a session, we’ve posted presentations from the GCCA Virtual Global Policy Forum below. What: GCCA Global Virtual Policy Forum When: 9-11 August, 2022 Where: Virtual TUESDAY, 9 AUGUST OPENING GENERAL SESSION Welcome and Opening Remarks Matthew R...
GCCA welcomed two new members in the first quarter of 2022 – logistics operator Sea-Invest (Flanders Cold Center) in Belgium, specializing in fresh and frozen fruits and other food products; and equipment supplier Honeywell from Spain specializing, amongst others, in low-global-warming-potential refrigerants and solutions. SEA-invest is a privately owned group specializing in stevedoring,...
The Global Cold Chain Alliance held its 25th European Cold Chain Conference on March 23-25 in Rotterdam, Netherlands. This year’s conference attracted over 150 cold chain professionals, from across Europe, the United States and Australia. During the three-day programme, industry captains addressed the current challenges, developments and future opportunities of temperature-controlled logistics...
The latest European Productivity & Benchmarking Report (EPBR) of the Global Cold Chain Alliance, analysing data from the 2020 fiscal year, shows that storage accounts for nearly half of temperature-controlled warehousing revenues, which is a higher ratio than in 2018. Labour represents nearly half of the costs, same as in 2018. The report also shows inventory turnover twice as low as in 2018...
In case you were unable to attend or would like to review a session, we’ve posted presentations from the 25th GCCA European Cold Chain Conference below. What: 25th GCCA European Cold Chain Conference When: March 23-25, 2022 Where: Rotterdam, Netherlands Thursday, 24 March Opening Plenary Session...
The Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA) announced Alejandro Delgado Tarin, Solutions & Project Manager, Europe at AGRO Merchants Group (part of Americold Logistics LLC) as the recipient of the 2021 GCCA Europe Cold Chain Future Leader Award during the competition final held on 28 September. Delgado competed for the award with Shane Meharg of Magnavale, England and Chris Smith of...
The Global Cold Chain Alliance, representing third-party temperature-controlled logistics industry worldwide, held a mind-shaking Cold Chain Connection event on 18-19 November in Antwerp, Belgium. Nearly 50 professionals in the sector gathered in one of Europe’s most important trade hubs to address the current challenges of both temperature-controlled warehousing...
Spiere-Helkijn (Belgium) – 1 September 2021 – stow Group, a global leader in industrial storage solutions, is announcing the creation of stow Robotics, a new unit dedicated to warehouse automation. stow Robotics will regroup all existing warehouse automation solutions for both pallets and bins, such as the stow Atlas 2D® pallet shuttles launched in 2020, and the related services and...
Cold Chain Projects