Don Schlimme Future Leader Award
Organized by the Global Cold Chain Alliance and its Core Partner the International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses, the Don Schlimme Future Leader Award recognizes outstanding young professionals in the North American cold storage industry. The award is named in honor of Donald V. Schlimme, Ph.D, who passed away in 2012 and was a longtime member of the WFLO Scientific Advisory Committee (1983-2012) and a WFLO Staff Advisor for many of those years. He was an expert in food science and cold storage and was committed to sharing his extensive knowledge.
Winners of the Don Schlimme Future Leader Award
|Michael Fischer, RLS Logistics||2019|
|Marquel Broussard, New Orleans Cold Storage||2018|
|Matt Toogood, United States Cold Storage||2017|
|Colin Longmuir, Henningson Cold Storage Co.||2016|
|Joey Williams, Nordic Logistics and Warehousing||2015|
How to Apply
The application process for the 2019 award has closed. The application process for the 2020 award process will open in the fall of 2019. Please visit this page for updates.
Benefits of Participating in the Award
- Finalists will compete for the Don Schlimme Future Leader Award and participate in a leadership development expereince at the IARW-WFLO Convention
- In addition to the competition itself, the finalist experience at IARW-WFLO Convention includes: introductions to the Boards of Directors, invitations to exclusive receptions and dinners, leadership development activity exclusively for the finalists, a special luncheon in honor of the finalists and attended by their company leaders.
- The Award Winner will receive a travel stipend up to $2,500 to attend the Global NextGen Award Competition at the Global Cold Chain Expo
- The Award Winner will receive complimentary career coaching from CHIEFEXECcoach; a Plus Delta Company and GCCA Talent Management Service Partner
- Broaden knowledge and understanding of the industry
- Meet industry leaders in temperature-controlled logistics
This award is open to all North American employees of IARW warehouse member companies who:
- Have demonstrated excellence in their work and potential to excel further
- Have worked within the industry for a minimum of three years
- Are from any section of the industry including operations, administration, human resources, engineering, accounting, business development, customer service, or management
- Are available to attend the IARW-WFLO Convention
- Are available to attend the Global Cold Chain Expo; should they be selected as the DSFLA Award Winner
- Age 35 or under at time of competition