Get Tools and Information in our Coronavirus Webportal>>
Europe Future Leader Award
This award is organized by the Global Cold Chain Alliance. It recognizes outstanding young professionals in the European cold storage industry who show potential for future career advancement but have not yet risen to top-level leadership positions within their country.
Find out who the three finalists are here.
How to Apply
- The 2021 competition final will be held
- The 2022 Europe Future Leader Award competition will open soon. It will take place during the 25th European Cold Chain Conference scheduled on 23-25 March 2022 in Rotterdam
Benefits of Participating in the Award
- Finalists will compete for the Europe Future Leader Award and participate in a leadership development experience
- If selected as the European Award Winner, they will compete in the Global NextGen Award
- Broaden knowledge and understanding of the industry
- Connect with industry leaders in temperature-controlled logistics
- Access a seat as Observer in the GCCA European Logistics Council for one year
To be eligible for the award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a European employee of a GCCA warehouse (IARW) member company.
- Be 35 years of age, or younger, at the time of the award application deadline.
- Possess a minimum of three years of work experience in any sector of the industry, including (but not limited to): operations, administration, human resources, engineering, accounting, sales, customer service, or management.
- Possess insight into their company's values, policies, and strategic direction.
- Demonstrate excellence in their work and show potential to advance further in their career but have not yet risen to top-level leadership positions.
- Be available to participate in the competition and final round
Applicants for the award will be evaluated by a panel of industry leaders. The Europe Future Leader Award Recipient will qualify to compete against other GCCA future leaders from around the world in the annual Global NextGen competition. To compete in both the European competition and the Global NextGen competition, competitors must be fluent in English.
Please contact Julie Hanson.
Europe Future Leader Award Winners
Luca Quaresima, NewCold, The Netherlands
|Ben Price, Grocontinental, an AGRO Merchants Group company||2019 winner of the GCCA Europe Future Leader Award|
|Ben Price, Grocontinental||2018 winner of the UK Young Manager of the Year Award, FSDF|
|Steve Plant, Grocontinental||2017 winner of the UK Young Manager of the Year Award, FSDF|
|Cavan McKenna, XPO Logistics||2016 winner of the UK Young Manager of the Year Award, FSDF|
|Kane Thomason, XPO||2015 winner of the UK Young Manager of the Year Award, FSDF|