Europe Future Leader Award
This award is organized by the Global Cold Chain Alliance and its Core Partner the International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses. The Europe Future Leader Award recognizes outstanding young professionals in the European cold storage industry.
Europe Future Leader Award Winners
2019 is the inaugural year for the GCCA Europe Future Leader Award. GCCA is pleased to recognize past winners of the UK Young Manager of the Year award, managed by the Food Storage & Distribution Federation (FSDF)
|Steve Plant, Grocontinental||2017 winner of the UK Young Manager of the Year Award, FSDF|
How to Apply
- Download the 2019 Europe Future Leader Award Nomination Information Packet for a detailed view of the application, judging process, eligibility, and expectations.
- Download the Application Form
- Download the information packet
The application form requires you to submit:
- Completed application form
- 1-page resume
- 1-page personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
Benefits of Participating in the Award
- Each finalist will compete for the Europe Future Leader Award at the 2019 European Cold Chain Conference; 20-22 March in Brussels, Belgium.
- The Europe Future Leader Award Winner will receive a travel stipend up to $2,500 USD to attend the 2019 Global NextGen Award Competition at the Global Cold Chain Expo; June 10 - 12 at McCormick Place, Chicago, IL USA.
- Broaden knowledge and understanding of the industry
- Meet many key players in the temperature-controlled logistics industry
This award is open to all employees of all GCCA warehouse and transportation operator member companies who:
- Are 35 years of age, or younger as of 1 April 2019
- Have demonstrated excellence in their work
- Have demonstrated potential to excel further in any of the many facets within the industry
- Have worked within the industry for a minimum of three years and have a broad knowledge of the refrigerated warehouse.
- Are from any section of the industry including commercial, administrative, technical, engineering, accounting, sales, handling, service, or management
- Possess insight into their organization’s strategic values and direction, policies
- Are available to attend the European Cold Chain Conference and Global Cold Chain Expo