Food safety is everyone’s responsibility in the cold chain, from truck drivers to warehouse managers. The Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA) is committed to protecting the safety and integrity of the food supply. The following resources can help your company ensure a safe, high-quality product is delivered to consumers.
Food Freezing and Storage Calculator
Calculate food freezing and storage with this quick, user-friendly calculator. The calculator includes information on nearly 1,000 specific products in twelve different product categories. MORE
Get the latest news on the Food Safety Modernization Act and download articles and resources to help you understand this complex law.
WFLO Commodity Storage Manual
This is the cold chain industry’s chief resource for scientific information on the storage and handling of perishable goods with information on storing almost 300 different temperature-controlled products. MORE
White Papers and Reports
- 13 Key Elements of FSMA: Sanitary Food Transportation Act – Read about the key elements that are likely to be in play during the rule-making process for the Sanitary Food Transportation Act.
- Food Safety Modernization Act Compliance Guide – The Global Cold Chain Alliance developed this guide to help cold storage operators understand major FSMA requirements.
- Frozen Food Handling and Merchandising – Prepared by the Frozen Food Roundtable, these guidelines provide best practices in handling, storing, and transporting frozen food.
- Handling and Storing Food Allergens in PRW’s – Explore the key components of an allergen program for a warehouse in this white paper.
- Pharmaceutical and Biopharma Cold Storage – Explore considerations that should be taken into account for these special products in this white paper.
- Using IARW as U.S. Agent for Registration of Food Facilities – Food facilities located in the United States and foreign facilities that intend to export product into the United States are required to register with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. International members can use IARW as their U.S. Agent.