Get Tools and Information in our Coronavirus Webportal>>
Latin America Future Leader Award
Launched in 2017, this award is organized by the Global Cold Chain Alliance and its Core Partner, the International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses. The Latin America Future Leader Award recognizes outstanding young professionals in the Latin American cold storage industry.
To view this page in Spanish, click here.
Latin America Future Leader Award Winners
|Mauricio Carlos Esquer, Basal Almacenamiento y Logistica||2017|
|Fernando León Rodríguez, Subdirector of Bajo Cero Frigoríficos||2018|
|José Antonio Gutiérrez, Quality Assurance Manager and EHS, of BASAL-IRESA, Mexico||2019|
How to Apply
- Download the 2020 Latin America Future Leader Award Nomination Information Packet for a detailed view of the application, judging process, eligibility, and expectations.
- Download the Application Form
The application form requires you to submit:
- Completed application form
- 1-page resume
- 1-page personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
Complete applications consisting of the application form, resume, personal statement, and letters of recommendation should be forwarded to Alice McKinnon by October 1, 2020.
Benefits of Participating in the Award
- Each Latin America Finalist will compete for the Latin America Future Leader Award at the 2020 GCCA Latin America Cold Chain Congress.
- The Latin America Future Leader Award Winner will receive a travel stipend up to $1,500 USD to attend the 2021 Global NextGen Award Competition at the Cold Chain Conference & Expo; September, 2021 at Dallas, TX, IL USA. (High proficiency in both spoken and written English is required.)
- Broaden knowledge and understanding of the industry.
- Meet many key players in the temperature-controlled logistics industry.
This award is open to all employees of all GCCA warehouse and transportation operator member companies who:
- Are 35 years of age, or younger as of 1 April 2020
- Have demonstrated excellence in their work
- Have demonstrated potential to excel further in any of the many facets within the industry
- Have worked within the industry for a minimum of three years and have a broad knowledge of the refrigerated warehouse.
- Are from any section of the industry including commercial, administrative, technical, engineering, accounting, sales, handling, service, or management
- Possess insight into their organization’s strategic values and direction, policies
- Are available to attend the Latin America Cold Chain Congress and Cold Chain Conference & Expo
Please contact Debbie Corado.