Get Tools and Information in our Coronavirus Webportal>>
Cold Chain Industry Leaders Help Strengthen Cold Chain in South Africa
The Global Cold Chain Alliance’s South Africa regional office has successfully hosted the Virtual Cold Store Operations Short Course, 3-6 May 2021 with 32 students attending.
Feedback from students shows how valuable the Short Course was to them. Some of the feedback included: “It was very interesting and very engaging”, “The course made it possible for me to compare what the organization I work for is doing and what was being shared in the modules. It was very interesting to hear the shared challenges faced by fellow trainees in the course”, “The short course was innovative and refreshing when you see and learn how other logistics companies operate”.
The short course was a great success and provided information for both professional and personal development. The interaction and participation showed that students are eager to learn more on the specific topic of Cold Storage.
Instructors included industry experts in South Africa, Canada, and United States.
Instructors and Modules:
- Daniel Kaplan, Vice-Chairman of WFLO and retired CEO of Cloverleaf Cold Storage, United States - Introductions to Cold Store Operations
- Verona Ramsook, Group Food Safety Manager of Etlin International, South Africa - Food Safety / HACCP
- Professor Michael Jahncke, Chairman of the GCCA Scientific Advisory Council, United States - Food Handling & Temperature Management
- Jacques de Wet, Risk and Loss Control Manager, Chilleweni Cold Storage Solutions, South Africa - Regulatory Procedures
- Mesuli Mdluli, Maintenance Manager at CCS Logistics, South Africa - Energy Management
- Greg Laurin, President of Conestoga Cold Storage, Canada - Innovations & Best Practices in Cold Storage Technology
- Larna Jodamus, Compliance Manager of CCS Logistics, South Africa - Promoting a Culture of Safety
- Paul Gibbons, Customer Director of Vector Logistics, South Africa – Customer Service