Global Cold Storage Capacity Report
The Global Cold Storage Capacity Report is the only comprehensive look at worldwide cold storage capacity in the world. It includes analyses on growth trends in global capacity, market development indicators, and characteristics of refrigerated warehouses around the world. The report also provides foreign investors with an invaluable resource for identifying potential investment opportunities.
2018 GCCA Global Cold Storage Capacity Report
According to the report, total capacity was 616 million cubic meters in 2018, an increase of 2.67% since 2016. Due to the lack of a standard cold storage capacity recording mechanism across countries, GCCA developed a market development index to better facilitate capacity comparisons and measure unmet need. On the whole, the data revealed that, globally, there are on average approximately 0.2 cubic meters of refrigerated warehousing space per urban resident.
GCCA Core Partner Members and Supporting Partners may download the entire IARW Global Cold Storage Capacity Report free of charge. This report is offered as a member benefit. Please note: you must be an active member and logged in to download the report.
Non-Members: Purchase the Report - Coming soon!
Non-members are welcome to purchase a copy of the GCCA Global Cold Storage Capacity Report. Once the report is published, it will go to all members first for a preview, after which the report will be made available in an electronic PDF format for all audiences at a later date. The report is available to nonmembers for $1,000, and nonmembers interested in purchasing a copy of the report can contact GCCA headquarters at +1 (703) 373-4300.
- IARW Global Top 25 List - public refrigerated warehouses (PRWs) with the greatest capacity of warehouse space in the world
- IARW North American Top 25 List - public refrigerated warehouses (PRWs) with the greatest capacity of warehouse space in North America
- USDA NASS Cold Storage Monthly Summary - contains U.S. regional and national end-of-month stocks of meats, dairy products, poultry products, fruits, nuts, and vegetables in public, private and semi-private refrigerated warehouses
- USDA NASS Cold Storage Annual Summary - contains the U.S. annual regional and national totals for end-of-month holdings of meat, dairy products, poultry products, fruits, nuts and vegetables in public, private, and semi-private refrigerated warehouses
- USDA NASS Capacity of Refrigerated Warehouses - presents data on the number of refrigerated warehouses by type and size group for states and US; includes public, private and semiprivate general warehouse capacity, apple and pear storage capacity; gross space and usable space for refrigerator, cooler or freezer space